Kroger to hire 20K for the holiday season at the October 13 event
CINCINNATI (WXIX) – Kroger officials said Wednesday they plan to hire 20,000 associates for the holiday season at an event next week.
The company will hire for positions in retail, e-commerce, manufacturing, supply chain, merchandising, logistics, enterprise, pharmacy and healthcare using interviews virtual and on-site scheduled for October 13 between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m.
To preview all available roles and to register for the hiring event, visit the Kroger career site.
The Grocer’s mission is to hire 20,000 associates by finding talent for roles in retail, e-commerce, manufacturing, supply chain, merchandising, logistics, corporate, pharmacy and health care. The Kroger Cincinnati / Dayton division is hiring to fill approximately 2,000 positions.
“Kroger looks forward to welcoming new associates to our organization as we prepare for an incredible holiday season where clients plan to return to bigger family reunions and celebrations,” said Jenifer Moore, spokesperson for the company.
“This is an exciting time to work in the retail grocery store, and as one of the premier retailers and employers in the Greater Cincinnati / Dayton area, we are committed to providing associates with a culture of opportunity and career with a goal, competitive salary and benefits, and flexible hours. We really want our associates to have a rewarding and uplifting experience while meeting the needs of our customers and delivering on our promise to be in-stock, fresh, and friendly.
Kroger offers resources, benefits and training to support and develop associates and make their lives easier, including:
- Salaries and Benefits: Kroger offers comprehensive compensation packages, including competitive wages and salaries, healthcare, and pensions.
- Reimbursement of continuing education and tuition fees: Kroger’s tuition reimbursement program, offering up to $ 21,000 for part-time and full-time associates, covers a doctoral GED. Since its inception, this program has benefited 6,789 associates nationwide, with hourly associates representing 88.4% of those who have taken advantage of the offering so far.
- Training and DEVELOPMENT: Kroger offers on-demand and role-specific training and resources through FEED and modern desktop and mobile learning platforms like Axonify, as well as training in leadership, career advancement and diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Health: Kroger continues to further support the safety, health and well-being of associates by inviting managers to lead with compassion and empathy and through resources such as The Well-Being Assistant powered by Magellan Health which is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week and also offers free counseling sessions. like BetterHelp, another mental wellness resource. The organization is also promoting the use of Whil, a wellness platform that encourages activities such as mindfulness, yoga, and sleep. Additionally, the organization continues to provide a one-time payment of $ 100 to associates who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Benefits and reductions: Kroger offers flexible hours, an early payment option through its partner DailyPay, as well as discounts on groceries, electronics, streaming services, travel, and more.
“We know that a career is different for everyone, so we strive to provide the tools and support associates need to create their own path to success. No matter where your journey begins, we have new opportunities for everyone, ”said Moore.
Do you see a spelling or grammar mistake in our story? Please include the title when you Click here to report it.
Copyright 2021 WXIX. All rights reserved.